OSPT Alliance Certifies Nine New Products to its CIPURSE Specification
April 12, 2017
Gemalto, Giesecke & Devrient, Infineon Technologies, MUTO Smart Co Ltd, Oberthur Technologies and TÜBİTAK BİLGEM have become the latest companies to have products certified to the OSPT Alliance CIPURSE™ Specification.
A total of 18 products are now CIPURSE certified. OSPT Alliance – the international association that provides an open standard for secure transit fare collection – created the CIPURSE certification program in 2011 to enable vendors to confirm conformance of their products to the CIPURSE Specification through an independent third party testing company. This in turn provides service providers with the confidence and reassurance that products provided by different vendors – that have received CIPURSE certification – are interoperable and compatible with existing ecosystems based on CIPURSE.
“OSPT Alliance is committed to ensuring a standardized level of secure, interoperable and flexible fare collection systems,” comments Laurent Cremer, Executive Director of OSPT Alliance. “It is very encouraging to see CIPURSE gain further traction in the industry and we consider that this type of open and transparent certification process is crucial for the proper deployment of an open and multi-application standard. For this reason, only CIPURSE products that have been certified to the standard and are listed on the OSPT Alliance website can be sold.”
The latest products* to receive CIPURSE certification are:
- Gemalto – NFC V3.2.2 (GlobalPlatform based mobile product certified to CIPURSE profiles S and T and Common Criteria Certified EAL 4+)
- Gemalto – UpTeq NFC 3.1.2_eSE (GlobalPlatform based mobile product certified to CIPURSE profiles L, S and T)
- Giesecke & Devrient – CIPURSE Flexible + V1.00 (file system card product certified to CIPURSE profiles S and T)
- Infineon Technologies – SLS 32 TLC00xS(M) V1.0.0 (file system card product certified to CIPURSE profiles S and T)
- MUTO Smart Co Ltd – MUTO CIPURSE AS V1.0 (GlobalPlatform based card product certified to CIPURSE profile S)
- Oberthur Technologies – Pearl 800K Classic V4.0 (GlobalPlatform based mobile product certified to CIPURSE profile S)
- Oberthur Technologies – cityGo CIPURSE™ V2.0 (file system card product certified to CIPURSE profiles L, S and T)
- Oberthur Technologies – COSMO Fly V5.8 (GlobalPlatform based card product certified to CIPURSE profile T)
- TÜBİTAK BİLGEM – AKiS Bilet V1.0 (file system card product certified to CIPURSE profile T) (including match on card)
“As the industry continues to evolve and grow, so too does the appetite for standardization,” continues Laurent. “In an effort to address the diverse needs of the transit industry, CIPURSE products are available in three different profiles, thereby enabling our members to certify their products to whichever profile aligns with their specific business requirements. To date, the total number of products certified to CIPURSE V2 profiles is 33. These are provided by seven different OSPT Alliance members.”
For further information on the CIPURSE certification program, please visit http://www.osptalliance.org/certification. A full list of CIPURSE certified products can also be viewed on the website http://www.osptalliance.org/certification/devices.
Categorised in: News